Love those Brazil nuts! They contain selenium which is a trace mineral. Trace minerals are necessary in small amounts for our body to function and are obtained from our food and or water. Selenium boosts the activity of antioxidants, encourages the production of glutathione which helps us fight free radicals, is essential to thyroid gland function, aids in protection of breast and prostate cancer and even helps to protect from heart disease.
You only need to eat a small number of these to obtain the benefits. Remember to soak your nuts overnight as you need them to remove any enzyme inhibitors and allow you to digest your nuts easier. After soaking they last for about 1 week in the refrigerator (make sure they are no longer in water). After soaking and rinsing, you can also dehydrate them for a warm and crunchy snack.
Brazil Nut Milk:
- Blend 2 cups of soaked and rinsed organic nuts with 5 cups of purified water for about 20 seconds on high.
- Squeeze through a sprout bag (you can find this in our Hippocrates Health Institute store).
- The nut milk will last for about 3 days in the refrigerator and may need to be stirred if it separates.
Healthy is so fun !…
Meet the infrared sauna! It’s far infrared rays are gentle waves of heat that have the ability to penetrate deeply into our bodies. These light waves have the same radiant frequency as our cells. So, when the light meets the cells in your body, it revitalizes them. Thus, the infrared wavelength is often referred to as the “wavelength of life”. Over one half of the energy emitted from the sun is infrared light!
Sitting in an infrared sauna you improve oxygen levels, support the nervous system, prevent bacteria growth, relieve pain, support organ function, increase circulation, warm and eliminate fats and remove toxins especially those embedded deeply within the cell like heavy metals. And …. we have them right here on our property!
Hippocrates Infrared Sauna:
- recommended temp is between 120F and 130F
- start using it before it has reached its set temperature
- recommended time is about 20 – 30 minutes
- remain hydrated before, during and after a sauna
- drink electrolyte water after your sauna to replace minerals lost during sweating
Healthy is so fun!!…