Fermented foods like raw organic sauerkraut or kim chee are filled with enzymatic activity and are a great support for the immune system! They help promote healthy bacteria in your digestive tract and colon and this helps with constipation, candida, the absorption of micro nutrients and even helps create feelings of well being. So let’s take in some vibrancy and activate “friendly” things in our bodies.
1 Head Red Cabbage
1/2 Apple, Seeded
Kombu Seaweed, soaked, as needed
Outer Cabbage Leaves, as needed
1. Place half of the shredded cabbage in a ceramic or glass container.
2. Press down firmly.
3. Place the apple in the center of the cabbage.
4. Place the remaining 1/2 of the shredded cabbage on top, always pressing it down firmly.
5. Cover the top of the cabbage with a layer of hydrated kombu seaweed.
6. On top of the kombu, place a layer of cabbage leaves.
7. Place a heavy weight on top of the cabbage leaves, making sure that the entire container is covered so that no foreign matter can enter the kraut. The cabbage will begin to foam and bubble as a result of the fermentation process.
8. Leave out at room temperature.
9. After 3-5 days (if ready), discard the cabbage leaves, kombu, and the apple in the middle.
10. Place the sauerkraut in a container and refrigerate..
Fasting on liquid nourishment does wonders for your body, mind and spirit! Your body gets lifted up with enzymes, alkaline minerals and electrolytes found in freshly made juices and raw soups. Choose one day a week to give your digestive system this well deserved break and add 20 years to your life! A day of fasting can bring great clarity to the mind and connection to the spirit as well.
Hippocrates Green Soup:
• 3 C. Green Juice (50% sprouts/50% organic veggies)
• 1/2 Organic Avocado
• 1 C. Chopped Organic Celery
• 1 C. Chopped Organic Cucumber
• 1/4 C. Chopped Red Onion
• 1 T. Fresh Organic Lemon Juice
• 2 C. Fresh Organic Herbs
• Kelp Powder to taste
• Organic Garlic, Ginger, or Braggs Aminos optional
1. Combine ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend well and season to taste.
3. Serve immediately.
Healthy is so fun !!…